Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Tuesday is starting off like Monday...

...because when I got on the Orange Line at Clarendon Station this morning, we ended up be held up for almost a half an hour while they cleared a broken-down train somewhere across town. Now, my home is just three miles from my office. The time from when I leave home to when I sit at my desk is about forty minutes. For me to walk the whole trip would add only twenty minutes. So if there's a delay of more than that...

Yep, I thought of it. But it was too cold outside.

Besides, it gave me a chance to read the news. Kerry won Iowa. Big deal. I mean, he's a war veteran and a hero and I respect that. But I don't respect his endorsement of "a woman's right to choose." Even Kucinich, who was once pro-life, has made the big switch for that clever euphemism of "choice." (Some things never change from the days when he ran Cleveland. He still shoots his mouth off.)

So those of us who have the audacity to believe, not only that an unborn child is a human life, but that taking that life amounts to murder and should actually be treated as such under the law, are stuck endorsing a guy who is supposedly fixing things so he and all his fat-ass white fraternity boy business partners will get stinking rich while the poor get poorer. I mean, that's what all the KEWL people are saying, right, so it must be true! And good Catholics everywhere, most of whom have been voting Democratic out of habit since their working-class grandparents did, will continue to follow the lead of some Hollywood starlet or fancy-britches recording artist who takes a shot at that "war-mongering" Bush.

Where were these visionaries when we were sending the boys to Bosnia, and using outdated maps for bomb drops?

Just wait until my third cup of coffee. Then I'll be as sharp as a tack, and that's when my attitude will be right where it belongs.

No comments: