Friday, April 24, 2009

“Centraal Station Antwerpen gaat uit zijn dak!” Hey, I don't translate this stuff, I just report it, okay? (Anybody here know Dutch?)

But from what I can gather, the folks of Belgian TV were looking for someone to play Maria in a musical production of “The Sound of Music.” So they found two hundred dancers, had just two rehearsals, and on March 20, at eight in the morning local time, they staged a public awareness event in the middle of Antwerp’s Central Station. Notice just over halfway through the four-minute routine, how it takes a decidedly different turn. You have to admit, they took the T-Mobile stunt we showed you last week to the next level.

It all seems harmless enough, but at least one individual has warned of this musical romance being the slippery slope to perdition. Beat's the hell outa me. Still, some people will do anything to be featured on our Friday Afternoon Moment of Whimsy.
.

1 comment:

Ddc said...

Okay, so I lived in Aruba for a year and picked up some Dutch. The literal translation is:

Central Station Antwerp goes out its roof!

The idiomatic translation is: Central Station Antwerp blows the roof off or brings down the house etc etc

Hey Dave, I'm not just one of manwithblackhat's fans--I'm manwithblackhat's NUMBER ONE fan!!

Rock on, dude!