Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Why I Didn't Watch CNN Last Night

I don't expect presidential debates to be substantive. Going back to the first one ever televised in 1960, those who listened on the radio actually thought Nixon did better than Kennedy. That should tell you something about the effect of television on being substantive.

Try telling that to CNN, who ran last night's event as if they morphed into the Game Show Channel. (Don't take my word for it, check out Ed Morrissey's early post mortem as well as his later summation of each candidate.) From what little I have read so far (and I have this day job that keeps interfering with my news clip reading), Romney came out on top, Bachmann was the dark horse who placed at the photo finish, Pawlenty more or less stumbled out of the gate, Cain prefers deep dish pizza over thin crust -- just saying it makes him sound more manly -- and Ron Paul was ... well, thankfully, the "game" isn't over yet.

I'll give Romney credit where it's due; he knows the issues closest to people's hearts, as seen near the end. Adding insult to injury, CNN is stingy with embedding its videos. Click here.
 

No comments: