Saturday, August 18, 2012

Return To Seattle: Postlude

I've been back for a few days now, and still have that dry cough I picked up on Mount Rainier.

If I had to do it again, I would:

Use a major airline to go both ways, as opposed to a "budget" carrier, for about the same price.

Consider flying first class for at least the long part of the trip, especially if flying at night.

Pack more judiciously.

Consider taking my traveling guitar, checking at the airline desk the day before to ensure that I could carry it on.

Stay for two weeks instead of just one.

Get a better deal on a car rental, and carry my proof of insurance and one utility bill. (Geez, like they really couldn't just look it up.)

Lose at least ten more pounds before taking on Mount Rainier again.

Check the weather at Mount Rainier online.

Take even better photographs of Mount Rainier.

Maybe go to Mount Olympia instead of Mount Rainier, for once.

Go dancing in Seattle at least once, maybe.

Visit all of my cousins while I'm there.

Go kayaking.

One thing I would not necessarily do:

Go up the Space Needle for the first time. The admission is twenty bucks, and the dinner up there isn't exactly cheap either.

Well, that about wraps it up. Now, I hear New England is lovely in the fall ...
 

No comments: