Saturday, August 18, 2012

Return To Seattle: Postlude

I've been back for a few days now, and still have that dry cough I picked up on Mount Rainier.

If I had to do it again, I would:

• Use a major airline to go both ways, as opposed to a "budget" carrier, for about the same price.

• Consider flying first class for at least the long part of the trip, especially if flying at night.

• Pack more judiciously.

• Consider taking my traveling guitar, checking at the airline desk the day before to ensure that I could carry it on.

• Stay for two weeks instead of just one.

• Get a better deal on a car rental, and carry my proof of insurance and one utility bill. (Geez, like they really couldn't just look it up.)

• Lose at least ten more pounds before taking on Mount Rainier again.

• Check the weather at Mount Rainier online.

• Take even better photographs of Mount Rainier.

• Maybe go to Mount Olympia instead of Mount Rainier, for once.

• Go dancing in Seattle at least once, maybe.

• Visit all of my cousins while I'm there.

• Go kayaking.

One thing I would not necessarily do:

• Go up the Space Needle for the first time. The admission is twenty bucks, and the dinner up there isn't exactly cheap either.

Well, that about wraps it up. Now, I hear New England is lovely in the fall ...
 

No comments: