Monday, August 13, 2012

Return To Seattle: Day 6

We didn't read the news today, oh boy. There were other things to do.

I went to visit Paul at the studio where he is interning. There they were, all in the conference room, having lunch. (Me: "Hey, guys." Them in unison: "Hey, Dad.") The two of us went out for Vietnamese, and then I came home, returned the rental, and came home again.

Of course, I ran late the whole day, all for the sake of a catnap in mid-morning. Truth is, I haven't gotten a decent night's sleep since I arrived. Can't really explain why. But tomorrow morning I get up at about 2:30, to catch a 5:50 flight on United. Then I'll change planes in Houston (hopefully not on the other side of the airport), and proceed to Washington National, where I'll arrive at 5:00 pm local time.

If I had to do it again, I would have stayed for two weeks instead of just one. I also would have bought sleeping aids over the counter. As it is now, I'll write the entry for Day 7 when I get home (the real one), then crash for about 24 hours, which is why I took Wednesday off.

It is quiet here at the house on East Louisa Street. I start packing already. It won't be long now ...
 

No comments: