Friday, May 28, 2010

Games People Play

The last month at the office has been like this, not unlike it was fifteen to twenty years ago. “Never meaning what they say, now, and never saying what they mean.” I hate when that happens. So when I went in for a midyear evaluation, and someone from upper-management was there, I didn't tell him anything I wouldn't want his politically-appointed boss to hear. No disrespect, just keepin' it real. He understands. I can work with this guy.

“Games People Play” was written and recorded in 1968 by Joe South, and appeared on his debut album that same year, "Introspect." It won a Grammy for Song of the Year in 1970. Dozens of artists have recorded it (some of them badly), including a Scottish folksinger named Dick Gaughan on his album "A DIfferent Kind of Love Song."

“God grant me the serenity to remember who I am ...” till I'm covered up with flowers in the back of a black limousine.
.

No comments: