Monday, August 09, 2010

Late Night Meanderings

I've spent enough time out on the road lately, and otherwise on location somewhere, that I haven't had time to write about it. Between my participation in Scouting Centennial activities (including a visit to the National Jamboree), and a trip to the Catholic Writers Conference in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania -- I met a fascinating new writer, and you know who you are, my dear -- I have found myself having to catch up everywhere else.

The world keeps spinning on its axis. We never seem to sit still long enough ourselves. It simply isn't possible to "go home again" because the place we call home isn't sitting still either. But to make any difference in the world, is to venture out into it. And, if we're lucky, we can return to our place of refuge long enough to write about it.

Alas, the midnight hour approaches, and I have promises to keep ...
.

No comments: