Friday, July 15, 2011

Mikey Bustos: Filipino Plastic Balloon Tutorial

That's right, kids. Everybody's favorite Pinoy Boy is back with more Filipino Fun and Folkways.

Many of the customs that have woven their way into the Philippine people are actually of recent vintage. Even the Christmas parol lanterns, as traditional to them as Christmas trees are here in the States, were only invented at the turn of the previous century. In this video, Mikey explains the wonders of a favorite childhood toy, the plastic balloon, where making them is as much fun as playing with them.
 

4 comments:

Biyaya said...

Wow! You're updated about Mikey! I stumbled upon your blogsite the other day. I was searching Mikey Bustos'name and the blog about his Crab Tutorial came up. I even pm'ed and twitted him about your blogsite :) Not sure if he got a chance to see your blogs about his works. Are you also a fan or know him personally? TC and give my regards to Sal :) -- MaryGrace Cruz De Nieva

David L Alexander said...

Biyaya:

I don't know if Mr Bustos knows about us or not. I'm sure he gets a lot of email and the like. But he knows where to find us, and if he's ever in DC, we'll show him around.

Biyaya said...

hello! it's me again! Shared your blogsite to our grouppage (MB's NSF Angels) not sure if you know about us... we're the Not-So-Fans of Mikey! hehehe! Is it ok if I post your link to Mikeys' FB wall/s? I'm sure other fans will love to read your well-written blogs about Mikey as well! I will wait for your go signal! :) Best Regards, MaryGrace Cruz De Nieva

David L Alexander said...

Biyaya:

Sure, no problem. The more, the merrier.