Friday, July 22, 2011

FAMW: Lego Star Destroyer Time Lapse

I got my first set of LEGO building blocks for Christmas ... in the eighth grade. I would have been the scourge of my urbane, sophisticated classmates were they ever to have found out. But that's not all. My totally-radical-dude son Paul got himself a set just a few years ago. Why? Because LEGOs they be the shiznit, dawg! Hell'z yeah!

Check this guy out. He took eight Mountain Dews -- how many is that in Red Bulls? -- and nine hours in total, to complete this Star Destroyer made entirely of LEGOs. You can see it here at the speed of 3.1 minutes per second, while rocking to the sounds of "Playdough" by The Aquabats,* for this week's Friday Afternoon Moment of Whimsy.

* A ska band from Orange County, California, formed in 1994. I got Paul their second album, released in 1997, and later took him to his first ska concert. Yessir, I was a cool daddio!
 

No comments: