Monday, July 11, 2011

Pat Buchanan Revisited

Yesterday, I spoke of my conversation with syndicated columnist Pat Buchanan. He was on MSNBC's Morning Joe this morning (possibly the only show worth watching on that channel). Former congressman Joe Scarborough was hosting as usual, and former Reagan speechwriter Peggy Noonan was there as well. They were having the same conversation with him as was I, and it was him against them. If you watch the clip, at 07:25, he starts to embellish ... just a little.

"I went to a Latin Mass yesterday for an hour and a half, and after it was over, the deacon had me up against the wall and said, 'You're not for raising that debt ceiling are you, Mr Buchanan?' Listen, friends ..."

I am occasionally reminded by the "powers that be" that an adult male in clerical dress, even under proper circumstances, can be a source of confusion amidst the pews. I have respectfully shared with them, of how I can be at a cocktail party talking about the Catholic faith, and people ask me if I'm a deacon, or even a priest.

Hey, people, maybe I just look good in black. Does anyone ever think about that? IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!

(H/T to Ryan Ellis.)
 

No comments: