Friday, April 30, 2010

FAMW: Fritalian?

I used to order it with cream and sugar. Then I'd go through periods when my stomach just couldn't handle it when it's too strong, so I'd switch to hot tea. I still do that sometimes. But when I go to a coffee bar, I'll order a latte. Some days I don't go, if only because three to four dollars for a cup of coffee is just insane. That's when I go to the 7-11 on the next block.

But the worst part is the names for the sizes. "Tall" is actually the small size at Starbucks. The medium and large sizes are "grande" and "vente" respectively. Who the hell are they trying to impress? So when a coffee-and-donut chain which is starting to get way too expensive so I don't go there anymore without coupons decides to up the ante, they find what sounds like an R.E.M. tribute cover band to lay in the soundtrack.

The result is not too shabby for this week's Friday Afternoon Moment of Whimsy.
.

No comments: